Red Pepper Soup
a smooth and silky soup with a hint of tang and spice
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 1/2 stick(s) Butter, Unsalted
- 6 whole(s) Red Peppers, larged chopped
- 3 whole(s) Carrots diced
- 1/2 whole(s) Onion, Cooking diced
- 3 clove(s) Garlic minced
- 2 whole(s) Pears peeled and quartered
- 4 cup(s) Chicken Stock
- 2 teaspoon(s) Red Pepper, dried
- 1 teaspoon(s) Honey
- 2 teaspoon(s) Black Pepper
- 1. Heat olive oil and butter in a large pot on medium-high heat. Add red peppers, carrots, onion, and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Add the pears. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- 3. Add the chicken stock, honey, dried red pepper, and black pepper. Increase temperature to high. When boiling, reduce heat to simmer.
- 4. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5. Using an immersion mixer, puree soup until it reaches desired consistantcy. Rewarm (if needed). Serve.
- If you do not have an immersion mixer, allow the soup to cool slightly and puree in a traditional blender. Sauce can be made up to two days in advance. Freezes great; just be sure to use an air tight container. Remove from the freezer 24-36 hours before planned usage and let defrost in the refrigerator.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by brianwsmith and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note