Red Pepper Relish
Photo: Karry Hosford
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 66
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 13.9g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 201mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and finely chop.
- Place coriander seeds in a small skillet; cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until seeds are lightly browned and fragrant, shaking pan frequently. Transfer seeds to a spice or coffee grinder, and process until finely ground.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 8 minutes or until translucent. Add coriander, crushed red pepper, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes.
- Combine onion mixture and roasted bell pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in red wine vinegar and next 4 ingredients (red wine vinegar through black pepper). Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments