Red-pepper Lemon Chicken
Cover chicken with a rich red pepper-lemon sauce for an elegant dinner in 30 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boned skinned chicken breast halves (8 oz. each)
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 1 jar (7 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- About 1/2 tsp. salt
- About 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Shredded zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly and finely shredded parmesan
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Heat olive oil in a large, heavy ovenproof frying pan (not nonstick) over high heat until oil is hot but not smoking. Add chicken breasts, top side down, and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn chicken over.
- 2. Add shallots and garlic to pan with chicken, stirring occasionally so garlic doesn't burn, until shallots are soft and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add chicken stock, roasted red peppers, cannellini beans, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and red pepper flakes and cook until mixture begins to boil, about 1 minute.
- 3. Cover pan and put in oven. Bake 14 to 16 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked through (cut to check). Transfer chicken to a plate.
- 4. Season roasted red pepper-cannelini bean-stock mixture with salt and pepper to taste and stir in lemon juice and zest. Divide vegetables among 4 rimmed plates or shallow pasta bowls, top each with a piece of chicken, and spoon sauce over all. Garnish with parmesan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note