Red Pepper Jelly
Photo: John Kernick
More From Food & Wine
Total: 45 Minutes
- 3 (1 1/2 pounds) red bell peppers, finely diced (1/8 inch)
- 2 (6 ounces) Anaheim chiles, finely diced (1/8 inch)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 envelope (3 ounces) liquid pectin (do not use low-sugar pectin)
- In a large saucepan, combine the bell peppers, Anaheims, sugar, vinegar and salt and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are softened, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and quickly stir in the pectin. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from the heat. Using a wooden spoon, stir the mixture just until the foam subsides, then immediately ladle the jelly into a heatproof bowl or jars. Let cool completely, then cover and refrigerate until set, at least 12 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note