Red Pepper Jelly
Photo: John Kernick
More From Food & Wine
Total: 45 Minutes
- 3 (1 1/2 pounds) red bell peppers, finely diced (1/8 inch)
- 2 (6 ounces) Anaheim chiles, finely diced (1/8 inch)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 envelope (3 ounces) liquid pectin (do not use low-sugar pectin)
- In a large saucepan, combine the bell peppers, Anaheims, sugar, vinegar and salt and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are softened, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and quickly stir in the pectin. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from the heat. Using a wooden spoon, stir the mixture just until the foam subsides, then immediately ladle the jelly into a heatproof bowl or jars. Let cool completely, then cover and refrigerate until set, at least 12 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Snacks