Red Pepper Hummus
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) tahini
- 1 whole(s) garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped parsley
- 1 can(s) 15 oz garbanzo beans drained
- 1 jar(s) 4 oz roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- In an electric blender or food processor, puree the chickpeas, red peppers, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, cayenne, and salt. Process, using long pulses, until the mixture is fairly smooth, and slightly fluffy. Make sure to scrape the mixture off the sides of the food processor or blender in between pulses. Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (The hummus can be made up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated. Return to room temperature before serving.)
- Sprinkle the hummus with the chopped parsley before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Drag0nWing and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Red Pepper Hummus Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Hors d'Oeuvres