Used Trader Joe's herb pizza dough, jarlsberg cheese and a mix of salami and proscuitto. Delicious. Add a salad and you have a great weeknight meal.
Red Pepper, Fontina, and Prosciutto Calzones
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 548
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 1896mg
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- 1 pound purchased pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 ounces thin-sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 3 ounces chèvre (goat cheese)
- Olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into four equal pieces. Using a lightly floured rolling pin or your hands, roll or stretch each piece into a 6-inch round. If dough shrinks, let it rest about 5 minutes, then roll again.
- 2. Mound equal portions of fontina in center of dough rounds. Top equally with peppers, basil, prosciutto, and goat cheese.
- 3. Gently pull half of dough over filling to make a half-moon shape. Fold bottom edge of dough over top edge and pinch firmly to seal. Brush tops of calzones lightly with olive oil. Transfer to a large baking sheet.
- 4. Bake calzones on middle rack until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes (15 to 20 minutes in a convection oven). Let cool about 5 minutes, then transfer to plates.
- Note: To make in advance, prepare through step 3, then freeze on a baking sheet. When frozen, wrap each calzone with aluminum foil and keep in freezer for up to 1 month. Bake at 375° for 30 to 35 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note