Red Pepper Cornbread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1 large roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and shallots; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Cool and set aside.
- Combine cornmeal and next 5 ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup butter, buttermilk, and eggs in a separate bowl. Stir in onion mixture, cheese, and roasted pepper.
- Add cheese mixture to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into a greased 13- x 9-inch pan. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads