Red Pepper and Black Olive Tapenade
This is great to have on hand--spread on sandwiches, toss with fresh pasta, or stir into a vinaigrette. Prep: 20 minutes; Broil: 15 minutes; Stand: 10 minutes.
Yield: Makes about 2 cups
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 cups pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 (3.25-ounce) jar capers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1. Broil red pepper 3 inches from heat 15 minutes or until charred on all sides, turning occasionally. Place in zip-top plastic bag, seal, and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers, discard skin and seeds, and chop roughly.
- 2. Place red pepper, olives, and next 4 ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until combined. Slowly add olive oil while processor is running, and blend well. Season with pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments