- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 cups pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 (3.25-ounce) jar capers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
How to Make It
Broil red pepper 3 inches from heat 15 minutes or until charred on all sides, turning occasionally. Place in zip-top plastic bag, seal, and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers, discard skin and seeds, and chop roughly.
Place red pepper, olives, and next 4 ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until combined. Slowly add olive oil while processor is running, and blend well. Season with pepper.