Loved it...added 1 cup of greek yogurt (honey) at the end and re-simmered...at the top of my "favorite's" soup list now!
Red Pepper-and-Pear Soup
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
Cool: 20 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 103
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 14.4g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 654mg
- Calcium: 24mg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 large red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 Anjou pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 (32-oz.) container fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of ground red pepper
- Garnishes: thinly sliced fresh pears, plain yogurt, chopped fresh chives
- 1. Melt butter with oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add bell pepper and next 3 ingredients, and sauté 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Stir in chicken broth and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes.
- 3. Process soup, in batches, in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Return to Dutch oven, and keep warm until ready to serve. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: To make ahead, let soup cool, and store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 days. Reheat in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring often.
- Note: Nutritional analysis does not include garnishes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews