- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 large red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 Anjou pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 (32-oz.) container fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of ground red pepper
- Garnishes: thinly sliced fresh pears, plain yogurt, chopped fresh chives
- calories 103
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 5.2 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- monofat 1.9 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 1.9 g
- carbohydrate 14.4 g
- fiber 3.6 g
- cholesterol 9 mg
- iron 0.7 mg
- sodium 654 mg
- calcium 24 mg
How to Make It
Melt butter with oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add bell pepper and next 3 ingredients, and sauté 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
Stir in chicken broth and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes.
Process soup, in batches, in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Return to Dutch oven, and keep warm until ready to serve. Garnish, if desired.
Note: To make ahead, let soup cool, and store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 days. Reheat in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring often.
Note: Nutritional analysis does not include garnishes.