pretty salad, easy to make, nice flavor. the horseradish gives a little something extra to this dish. the whole family enjoyed it.
Red Pear, Onion, and Cabbage Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 62
- Calories from fat: 4.4%
- Protein: 1.3g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 head red cabbage (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- About 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 firm-ripe red-skin pears (5 to 6 oz. each)
- 1/2 cup chopped chives or green onions
- 1. Pull off and discard the bruised cabbage leaves. Rinse cabbage and thinly slice.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix 6 tablespoons rice vinegar, sugar, horseradish, red onion, and ginger. Add cabbage and then salt to taste; mix well. For mellower flavor, let salad stand at least 10 minutes, then mix again.
- 3. Rinse the pears, and core them. Coarsely chop 1 pear and mix with salad. Slice remaining pear, moisten with a little rice vinegar, and arrange on salad. Sprinkle with chives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This