Good fall dish for all occasions
Roasted Red Onions and Delicata Squash
Thin-skinned delicata squash has an edible peel, helping this side come together quickly.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 22.7g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 205mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 (12-ounce) delicata squashes, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (1-pound) red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Place a baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 475° (leave pan in oven).
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add squash and onion; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle vegetable mixture with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Carefully remove preheated pan from oven; coat pan with cooking spray. Arrange vegetable mixture in a single layer on pan. Bake at 475° for 20 minutes or until tender, turning once. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and chopped parsley.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note