Red Onion Relish
Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1/2 medium-size red onion
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Thinly slice onion, and place in a 2-qt. glass bowl.
- 2. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add cumin seeds, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted. Slowly stir in 1/2 cup water, lemon juice, and next 3 ingredients. Stir until brown sugar is melted and mixture comes to a boil.
- 3. Pour over red onion slices, and let stand 1 hour. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments