Red Onion and Apple Chutney
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 medium-size purple onions
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cut onions into quarters to, but not through, bottoms. Turn onions on sides, and thinly slice. Cover and cook onion in oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat 15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Uncover and cook 30 minutes or until very tender, stirring often. Add raisin mixture and apple. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 20 minutes or until liquid evaporates and apple is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt and pepper. Let cool. Serve at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note