Red Lentil Spinach Curry with Spiced Rice
This wholesome & hearty curry is health food and comfort food all in one! It's super easy to make, and has the most amazing and aromatic blend of spices that will fill your kitchen and warm your heart. If you're a curry lover, you MUST give this a go!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) red lentils uncooked
- 3 cup(s) water (for cooking lentils)
- 2 cup(s) chopped fresh spinach
- 3 cup(s) cauliflower in small florets
- 3 tablespoon(s) ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 tablespoon(s) garam masala
- 3 tomato paste
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh ginger minced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) brown basmati rice uncooked
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 3 cup(s) water (for cooking rice)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cloves
- 1 tablespoon(s) cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- For curry:
- In a saucepan, place ghee, onion, garlic and ginger and sautee until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add curry powder and mix until you can smell the spices, about a minute. Add lentils and water, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add cauliflower, and simmer for 5-7 more minutes. Then add tomato paste, spinach and salt and pepper to taste. Serve over spiced rice.
- For Spiced Rice:
- Soak rice in water overnight or for 8 hrs. Heat oil and spices and cook until fragrant. Add rice and stir for 2 minutes, then add water, bring to a boil and simmer for 35-40 minutes stirring once or twice when water is almost absorbed.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MissLisaBG and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note