This are a BIG hit! We grilled them in the first phase as the recipe instructs, but then popped them in the oven after stuffing with cream cheese mixture. It worked great. A few were leftover and were good cold the next day. Another tip: We seed and grill the peppers and make the cream cheese mixture ahead, then we ready to serve we stuff the peppers and heat again. Yummy and easy!
Red-Hot Stuffed Chiles
Tony Christie, Sean Laurenz
More From Coastal Living
- 20 jalapeño chiles, or 8 Cubanelle or Anaheim peppers
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup chopped kalamata or ripe black olives
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1. Slice chiles in half lengthwise, and remove seeds and membranes, leaving stems intact. Grill over high heat (450° to 600°) for 5 minutes on each side or until softened. Cool slightly.
- 2. Combine cream cheese, olives, and black pepper; stir well. Spoon cheese mixture evenly into chiles.
- 3. Grill chiles, cut-sides up, 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables