Red, Hot & Blue Potato Salad
- 0.75 teaspoon(s) celery seed (salt if seed is unavailable)
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 bunch(es) green onions, just the green parts, diced finely
- 0.5 cup(s) real mayonaise (be generous)
- 2.5 pound(s) Red Skinned Potatoes (skin left on)
- 1. Place potatoes and eggs in a large pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender but not mushy. You can precut the potatoes if you wish, though this will probably make for mushier results unless you're super diligent about checking them. The eggs can be boiled separately if you wish; they just need to be hard boiled.
- 2. When potatoes are done, drain them into a colander. Run cold water over the eggs to make them easier to handle. If you boiled the potatoes whole, chop them into bite sized pieces when cool enough to do so. Shell the eggs and dice them. If you're watching your cholesterol intake like me, set aside half of the yolks to throw away or use for another purpose like giving them to the dog for a nice treat.
- 3. In a large bowl, gently mix all the ingredients together (you don't want to end up with mashed potatoes if you're too rough with this step!). Serve at room temperature for best flavor.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Strich and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note