This salad was Excellent! Looked great and tasted even better. I get asked for the recipe all the time! I make this for special occasions!!! Try it!
Red and Green Salad with Cranberry Dressing
Notes: Up to 1 day ahead, prepare dressing, cover, and chill. Also rinse and drain salad leaves, wrap in towels, put in a plastic bag, and chill.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 70
- Calories from fat: 1.3%
- Protein: 1.4g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sodium: 232mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 shallot (about 1 oz.), chopped
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 10 cup baby salad leaves, rinsed and crisped
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage or radicchio
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 red bell pepper (7 or 8 oz.), stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1. In a food processor or blender, smoothly purée cilantro, shallot, vinegar, cranberry juice, honey, and mustard. Add dried cranberries to dressing.
- 2. In a large, shallow bowl, mix salad leaves, cabbage, red onion, bell pepper, and dressing. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Red and Green Salad with Cranberry Dressing Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Salads