- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium eggplant, skin on and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow summer squash, diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can Red Gold® Tomato Paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can Red Gold® Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to Make It
Heat a 10 inch skillet on medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil and when hot, quickly toss in the onions and garlic; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in Red Gold Tomato Paste and stir to combine. Place in slow cooker.
Place skillet back on the heat. Heat oil and then add eggplant, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, zucchini and summer squash. Cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Add to slow cooker.
Stir in Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes, basil and thyme. Set the slow cooker to low and cook about 5 hours.
Serve as a side dish or entrée, sprinkle with parsley. Ratatouille is excellent cold or reheated the next day.