Sunset SEPTEMBER 1998
1. In a blender or food processor, whirl almonds with 2 tablespoons sugar until finely ground; if using a blender, whirl half of the mixture at a time.
2. Pour nut mixture into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable rim. Add butter and rub with fingers until mixture forms fine crumbs. Press nut mixture evenly over bottom and up side of pan until flush with rim.
3. Bake crust in a 325° oven until dark gold, about 20 minutes.
4. Spread crust bottom with jam. Cool on a rack.
5. In a 1- to 2-quart pan over medium heat, stir cream and chocolate until smoothly melted, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and almond extract. Evenly spoon into crust.
6. Chill tart until filling is firm to touch, 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
7. Arrange red raspberries in a single layer on filling.
8. In a blender or food processor, whirl golden raspberries, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and liqueur until smoothly puréed. Press mixture through a fine strainer into a bowl; discard seeds. Evenly spread golden raspberry sauce in center of dessert plates.
9. Remove pan rim. Cut tart into wedges and place a wedge in sauce on each plate.
Go to full version of