Red-Gold Raspberry White Chocolate Tart
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 584
- Calories from fat: 62%
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 40g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 7.4g
- Sodium: 103mg
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- 2 cups blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups red raspberries, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups golden raspberries, rinsed and drained (or use red raspberries)
- 1 tablespoon almond-flavor liqueur
- 1. In a blender or food processor, whirl almonds with 2 tablespoons sugar until finely ground; if using a blender, whirl half of the mixture at a time.
- 2. Pour nut mixture into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable rim. Add butter and rub with fingers until mixture forms fine crumbs. Press nut mixture evenly over bottom and up side of pan until flush with rim.
- 3. Bake crust in a 325° oven until dark gold, about 20 minutes.
- 4. Spread crust bottom with jam. Cool on a rack.
- 5. In a 1- to 2-quart pan over medium heat, stir cream and chocolate until smoothly melted, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and almond extract. Evenly spoon into crust.
- 6. Chill tart until filling is firm to touch, 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- 7. Arrange red raspberries in a single layer on filling.
- 8. In a blender or food processor, whirl golden raspberries, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and liqueur until smoothly puréed. Press mixture through a fine strainer into a bowl; discard seeds. Evenly spread golden raspberry sauce in center of dessert plates.
- 9. Remove pan rim. Cut tart into wedges and place a wedge in sauce on each plate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Red-Gold Raspberry White Chocolate Tart Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts