- 1/2 pound cubed beef stew meat
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups Red Gold® Fresh Squeezed Tomato Juice
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth
- Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes with Garlic & Olive Oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- calories 240
- fat 7 g
- cholesterol 40 mg
- sodium 1,430 mg
- carbohydrate 27 g
- fiber 5 g
- protein 16 g
- calcium 6 %
- iron 20 %
How to Make It
Combine salt, black pepper and flour in a plastic bag. Add beef, seal and shake to coat meat.
In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add beef and brown on all sides. Move meat to a slow cooker and add tomato juice and beef broth; stir to combine. Stir in diced tomatoes, mixed vegetables, potatoes and cabbage.
Turn slow cooker on HIGH until mixture boils. Then reduce heat to LOW and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
Note: This recipe can also be prepared on the stove top. In a large kettle heat oil over medium heat. Add beef and brown on all sides. Pour in tomato juice and beef broth; stir to combine. Stir in diced tomatoes, mixed vegetables, potatoes and cabbage. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until potatoes are soft and meat is fully cooked.