Red Ginger Chicken Satay
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 16 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 2 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 6 tablespoon(s) creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon(s) finely chopped ginger
- 2 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 cup(s) pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) red-wine vinegar
- 2 seedless cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- Sliced tomatoes, lime wedges, cilantro and crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, mix together garlic, pineapple juice, sugar, ginger, peanut butter and vinegar. Set aside one-fourth of the mixture, then marinate the chicken cubes in remaining three-fourths of the ginger mixture for about 30 minutes.
- 2. Thread marinated chicken onto skewers. Heat a grill, grill pan or broiler on high heat. Cook skewers, turning occasionally, about 8 minutes, or just until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat.
- 3. Meanwhile, toss sliced cucumber with reserved ginger mixture. Place a portion of cucumber on each of 4 plates. Place chicken on top and serve with tomatoes, lime wedges, cilantro and crushed red pepper if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note