Red Curry Tofu Stir-Fry
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 247
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 10.8g
- Carbohydrate: 27.0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 627mg
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Calcium: 77mg
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2/3 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 8 ounces asparagus spears
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms stemmed and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Wrap tofu blocks in several layers of heavy-duty paper towels. Press with a heavy object for about 30 minutes to remove excess water. Remove paper towels, pat tofu dry, and cut into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
- Combine coconut milk and next 5 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add tofu to coconut milk mixture. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Drain tofu well, reserving marinade. Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peanut oil and tofu; cook 5 minutes, turning cubes until lightly browned on all sides. Transfer tofu to a serving bowl.
- Add asparagus, mushrooms, and onion to pan; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add reserved marinade to pan; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until thick. Pour vegetable mixture over tofu, tossing gently. Serve immediately over hot cooked basmati rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes