Red Curry Chicken
Prep: 2 minutes; Cook: 10 minutes. Instead of chicken, you can stir in 1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup rice, 1/2 cup chicken mixture, and 1 tablespoon peanuts)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 389
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 15.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Protein: 13.1g
- Carbohydrate: 51.3g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 389mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen broccoli, red peppers, onions, and mushrooms
- Cooking spray
- 1 (6-ounce) package grilled chicken breast strips (such as Louis Rich)
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste (such as Thai Kitchen)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 4 1/2 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- 6 tablespoons chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- Place vegetables in a microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap, and vent. Microwave at HIGH 4 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 1 minute. Add coconut milk; bring to a boil. Stir in red curry paste and salt. Cook 5 minutes over medium heat or just until sauce begins to thicken, stirring frequently.
- Add vegetable mixture to chicken mixture, stirring well. Bring to a boil; cook 4 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in basil. Serve over rice, and sprinkle with peanuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes