Red-Currant-Pomegranate Glazed Ham
This holiday-ready ham calls for just five ingredients (ham included!) to create a mouthwatering, flavorful main dish. As a bonus, this ham cooks in a slow-cooker, freeing up your oven for savory side dishes and dessert.
More From Allyou
Stand: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 373
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 48g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 138mg
- Sodium: 221mg
- 1 small bone-in half ham (about 6 lb.)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1. Place ham in slow cooker, pour in pomegranate juice, cover and cook on low until completely warmed through, 4 to 6 hours, basting once or twice. Put jelly in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and cook, stirring, until softened. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, discarding solids. Cover and refrigerate jelly until ready to use.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine 3 Tbsp. of cooking liquid from slow cooker with jelly, mustard and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove 1 cup of cooking liquid from slow cooker; discard. Pour jelly mixture over ham. Cover cooker and increase heat to high. Cook for about 30 minutes, basting often, until shiny and glazed. Transfer ham to a platter and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes; serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note