Red cooked pizza sauce
Cooked red pizza sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1 can(s) tomato paste (8 oz)
- 2 tablespoon(s) parmagiano reggiano grated
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 whole(s) small bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon(s) fennel seed
- In a large skillet, melt butter with the oil. Add the onion, celery and garlic and saute until soft and transparent.
- Add tomato sauce and tomato paste and stir until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to slow simmer.
- Simmer for 30-60 minutes (or not at all depending on your taste and time frame).
- Remove the bay leaf and spread the sauce on your prepared pizza dough.
- Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/ultimate-pizza-sauce-114392?oc=linkback
This recipe is a personal recipe added by drdrool and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Red cooked pizza sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pizza