Red Chile Paste
Make your own red chile paste at home with this simple recipe.
More From Southern Living
Cool: 10 Minutes
- 6 dried New Mexico, ancho, or red chile peppers
- 4 cups water
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups torn sourdough bread pieces
- Bring chile peppers and 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; boil 15 minutes. Drain chile peppers, discarding liquid, and let cool 10 minutes. Remove and discard stems and, if desired, seeds. Chop peppers.
- Pulse chile peppers, red bell pepper, and next 5 ingredients 8 times or until finely chopped. Add vinegar, olive oil, and bread; process until smooth (about 30 seconds).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note