- 1/2 medium-size red cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (9-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 to 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
How to Make It
Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan; boil 10 minutes.
Stir together brown sugar and next 3 ingredients in a saucepan; stir in pineapple. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vinegar. Pour over cabbage mixture, tossing gently.