Red Cabbage Curtido
Notes: Curtido stays fresh and crisp up to 1 week; store airtight in the refrigerator.
Yield: Makes drained, 3 to 3 1/2 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 20
- Calories from fat: 4.5%
- Protein: 0.7g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 4.8g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 342mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 fresh jalapeÃ±o chili (about 1 oz.), rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 carrot (1/4 lb.), peeled and shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1. In a bowl or jar (at least 4 cup), mix vinegar, salt, oregano, chili, and 1 3/4 cups water. Combine cabbage, carrot, and onion; add to bowl and push mixture down into liquid.
- 2. Cover and chill 4 hours or up to 1 week; mix occasionally to keep vegetables immersed in liquid.
- 3. To serve, lift out relish with a slotted spoon and drain.
- Nutritional analysis per 1/2 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments