Yield: 8 servings
- 1 medium red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- Peel and cut apples into fourths, and add to cabbage mixture. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and apples are tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables