Red Butterhead Lettuce and Arugula Salad with Tangerines and Hard-Cooked Eggs
Photo: Thomas J. Story
- 2 teaspoons fresh tangerine juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated tangerine zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cups arugula, loosely packed
- 6 cups red butterhead lettuce (about 1/2 head), loosely packed
- 2 large or 4 small tangerines, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups croutons
- 6 to 8 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1. Whisk together tangerine juice, tangerine zest, sea salt, and olive oil.
- 2. Rinse and dry arugula and red butterhead lettuce. Put in a serving bowl and toss gently but thoroughly with only enough dressing to coat.
- 3. Add tangerines and croutons; toss just to mix. Divide salad among plates (or serve on a platter if you like). Add a quartered hard-cooked egg to each plate and drizzle eggs with a little more dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads