red beet chutney
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 pound(s) beets
- 3/4 cup(s) cider vingar
- 1 cup(s) white or brown sugar (packed)
- 1 whole(s) onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon(s) each ground cumin and curry powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) horseradish sauce
- salt to taste
- 1)Wash and trim beets.2)Place in boilling salted water and cook for 30 to 45 minutes.3)Or until tender when tested with a fork.4)Drain.5)Cool.6)Peel.7)Grate beets.8)Set aside.9)In saucepan,combine vinegar and sugar.10)Cook until sugar is dissolved.11)Stir in beets,onion,spices and horseradish.12)Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated.13)Cover And chill until ready to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by becy420 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note