- 2 pounds hot hickory-smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (15-oz.) cans red beans, drained
- 1 (15-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons sweet pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
How to Make It
Cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat about 5 minutes, stirring until sausage is brown. Remove sausage, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in Dutch oven. Sauté bell peppers and next 3 ingredients in hot drippings 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in red beans and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in sausage. Simmer, covered, 1 1/2 hours.
Prepare rice according to package directions. Serve Red Beans and Sausage over hot cooked rice.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Bush's Red Beans and Pickapeppa Sauce for sweet pepper sauce.