- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 15.5-oz. cans small red beans (not drained)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups cooked rice
- calories 538
- fat 18 g
- satfat 5 g
- protein 28 g
- carbohydrate 65 g
- fiber 13 g
- cholesterol 45 mg
- sodium 1562 mg
How to Make It
Warm olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté onion, sausage, bell pepper, celery and garlic until vegetables are tender and browned, about 15 minutes. Add creole seasoning; sauté 1 minute. Add tomatoes with their juice. Turn heat to high; scrape up any browned bits in bottom of pan.
Stir in chicken broth, beans with liquid and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Lower heat, partially cover and simmer, stirring often, until sauce reduces and thickens, 30 minutes.
Divide rice among bowls, spoon bean mixture on top and serve.