- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onion
- 1 3/4 cups diced green bell pepper (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (such as Luzianne)
- 2 (16-ounce) cans light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 (3.5-ounce) bags boil-in-bag rice
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- calories 358
- caloriesfromfat 14 %
- fat 5.5 g
- satfat 2.4 g
- protein 11.6 g
- carbohydrate 65.3 g
- fiber 8.5 g
- cholesterol 10 mg
- iron 3.8 mg
- sodium 584 mg
- calcium 103 mg
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients. Cook 8 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring often.
Add seasoning, and cook 1 minute, stirring often. Add beans and tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer mixture over medium-low heat 20 minutes.
While bean mixture simmers, prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Set aside 4 1/2 cups cooked rice; reserve remaining rice for another use.
Serve bean mixture over rice; top with sour cream.