Red Beans And Hamburger
- 1 pound dried kidney beans
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 cup bacon drippings
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Sort and wash beans; place in a large Dutch oven. Add water, bacon drippings, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and let stand at least 1 hour.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Brown meat and onion in a large skillet over medium heat; drain well. Add beef mixture, tomatoes and green chilies, and chili powder to bean mixture, mixing well. Cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note