1. Saute onion, garlic, and ginger in about half of the olive oil for 10 minutes.
2. Add herbs, spices, and salt and saute for about 2 minutes more
3. Add rice and the rest of the olive oil and saute for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Add water, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Add beans and simmer until all water is absorbed-- about 20 more minutes.
Based on a recipe found at the Savvy Vegetarian: http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/vegetarian-recipes/red-beans-rice-recipe.php
Go to full version of