It's not a recipe when you have to doctor it so heavily, as all reviewers have attested. Would not make this "base" again.
Red Bean Chili
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans light red kidney beans
- 1 (12-ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: chopped onion
- Cook beef and onion in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain, and return beef mixture to Dutch oven.
- Stir kidney beans and next 5 ingredients into beef mixture; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour. Garnish, if desired.
- Slow-Cooker Red Bean Chili: Cook ground beef and onion according to recipe directions; drain, and place in a 4 1/2-quart slow cooker. Add beans and next 5 ingredients. Cover and cook at HIGH 5 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This