Love this soup! It was spicy and full of veggies. I don't like crunching on garlic so I used garlic powder instead. I also used white navy beans instead of garbanzo beans. My daughter asked for seconds and she is not big on soups. Will use this recipe a good bit this winter.
Red Barn Chowder
Pre-warmed soup bowls are a thoughtful touch. Set oven-safe crocks on a bakng sheet and tuck into a warm oven for a few minutes. Remove from oven and ladle in hot, hearty soup...mmm, pass the bread, please!
- 1 pound ground hot Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, quarted and sliced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (28-oz.) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10-oz.) can tomatoes with chiles
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine sausage, onion, celery, peppers, zucchini and garlic in a large saucepan; sauté until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, water, basil, salt and pepper; cook until heated through. Mix in garbanzo beans, heat through. Serve in warmed soup bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note