Love this soup! It was spicy and full of veggies. I don't like crunching on garlic so I used garlic powder instead. I also used white navy beans instead of garbanzo beans. My daughter asked for seconds and she is not big on soups. Will use this recipe a good bit this winter.
Red Barn Chowder
Pre-warmed soup bowls are a thoughtful touch. Set oven-safe crocks on a bakng sheet and tuck into a warm oven for a few minutes. Remove from oven and ladle in hot, hearty soup...mmm, pass the bread, please!
- 1 pound ground hot Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, quarted and sliced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (28-oz.) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10-oz.) can tomatoes with chiles
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine sausage, onion, celery, peppers, zucchini and garlic in a large saucepan; sauté until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, water, basil, salt and pepper; cook until heated through. Mix in garbanzo beans, heat through. Serve in warmed soup bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Red Barn Chowder Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch