Red and yellow pepper pasta with sausage
The recipe calls for 1 1/2 lb pasta but that seemed like too much so we reduced pasta to 1 lb and upped sausage to 6 links. Kids like the sausages best. 545 calories.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 2 Yellow peppers
- 1/4 cup(s) Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Sweet Italian sausages Sliced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 28 ounce(s) Canned imported plum tomatoes Drained and chopped
- 1 pound(s) Parpadekke or rigatoni Cooked
- 2/3 cup(s) Parmesan cheese Grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) Onion Chopped
- Split peppers in 4 sections and discard seeds and cores. Peel sections with vegetable peeler if desired. Cut into 1 inch pieces and set aside.
- Put olive oil and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring until onion turns pale gold, about 5 minutes. Add sausages; ( i use a whole packeafe of itaslian sausage from costco) cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add peppers; turning occasionally, 7 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste stir well.
- Add tomatoes reduce heat to low and cook 20 minutes. Place pasta and sauce in a serving bowl and toss. Add grated cheese and butter ( I don't use the butter). Serve with more cheese at table .
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MicheleAnne and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Red and yellow pepper pasta with sausage Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes