Reata's Jalapeno-Cheddar Grits
Community Recipe from
- 3 cup(s) water
- 3 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 whole(s) jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 1/2 cup(s) dry grits
- 4 tablespoon(s) salted butter
- 2 cup(s) sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1. Combine the water, cream, jalapenos, salt, and pepper in a large saucepan and cook over high heat until the liquid reaches a rapid boil. At the boiling point, slowly whisk in the grits, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- 2. Lower the heat to medium and continue to stir. Stirring frequently, cook until the grits are soft and creamy, usually about 30 to 40 minutes.
- 3. Remove from the heat and add the butter and grated cheese. Season with more salt and pepper, if needed. Let cool slightly before serving so the grits can be mounded easily. They should be the consistency of mashed potatoes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Reata's Jalapeno-Cheddar Grits Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes