Real Simple Classic Barbecue Spareribs
Total Time: 3 Hours, 30 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 4 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 6 pound(s) spareribs (2 racks) trimmed of excess fat
- 3/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/3 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) molasses
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1. Heat oven to 275° F. Make the rub: In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, coffee, cumin, 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar, ½ teaspoon of the cayenne, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper 2. Place the ribs on a large rimmed baking sheet. Rub the ribs with the spice mixture and tightly cover the baking sheet with foil. Bake until tender and the meat easily pulls away from the bone, 2½ to 3 hours. 3. Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a saucepan, combine the ketchup, vinegar, molasses, tomato paste, the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and ¼ teaspoon of cayenne, and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer ½ cup of the sauce into a small bowl for serving. 4. Heat grill to medium-high. Grill the ribs, basting with the remaining sauce and turning occasionally, until just beginning to char, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve with the reserved sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by judyjrfm and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note