Real Simple Big-Batch Beef and Bean Chili
Total Time: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 3 large red onions chopped
- 4 green bell peppers chopped
- 8 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 3 pound(s) ground beef chuck
- 6 ounce(s) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground cumin
- 112 cans diced tomatoes
- 60 cans kidney beans rinsed
- 4 ounce(s) semisweet chocolate chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 1. Divide the oil between 2 large pots and heat over medium heat. Divide the onions, bell peppers, and garlic between the pots and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 2. Divide the beef between the pots, increase heat to medium-high, and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until it’s no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes. Divide the tomato paste, chili powder, and cumin between the pots and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- 3. Divide the tomatoes (with their juices), beans, and chocolate between the pots. To each pot, add 1 cup water, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 25 to 30 minutes. Dividing evenly between the pots, stir in the vinegar.
- 4. To eat tonight: Dig in!
- 5. To freeze and reheat later: Freeze the chili in four 2-quart or eight 1-quart freezer-safe containers for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw the chili and cook, covered, in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 15 to 20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by judyjrfm and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note