Real Ginger Ale
Making your own ginger ale is easier than you might think, and it captures all the spicy warmth ginger lovers enjoy. One sip, and you'll be spoiled.
Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: about 1 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 136
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 35.4g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 7mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 1/2 cups seltzer water, chilled
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Uncover; increase heat to medium, and cook 10 minutes or until ginger is very tender. Remove pan from heat; cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- 2. Strain ginger mixture through a sieve into a bowl. Discard solids. Stir in honey until blended. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
- 3. Place 4 tablespoons ginger syrup in each of 6 chilled glasses. Stir 3/4 cup seltzer into each glass. Add ice, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note