Raw Kale Chips
from a vegan fusion email
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- * 1 large bunch curly leaf kale
- * 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- * 1 tablespoon cold-pressed olive oil
- * 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Tear small pieces of kale off of the stems and lay them out on mesh dehydrator sheets (or baking trays if you are using an oven). Sprinkle raw kale with 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt and place in the dehydrator.
- For the first hour, dehydrate at 145F, then turn the trays around and lower the temperature to 115F.
- Check them in another hour and either remove or keep dehydrating to your desired crispiness.
- Place dehydrated kale chips in a bowl and sprinkle with the oil, nutritional yeast and remaining sea salt to taste. Gently toss the kale (a sensitive operation but you'll get used to it) and serve your raw kale chips immediately!
- You can stop dehydrating your kale when they are at your desired crispiness. Around our house we let it go until they make a loud crunching sound in your mouth, that seems to be how you get children to gobble them up.
- Enjoy your healthy raw kale chips! They're delicious!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by corlove0106 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Raw Kale Chips Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Snacks