Simply wonderful! I halved the recipe since I'm only serving one person and didn't need a ton of leftovers. Nonetheless, I didn't have all the ingredients so I did a little experimenting and I love the results. I used regular peas (frozen) and, instead of garlic since I'm allergic to it, I used a small amount of basil. A pinch of black pepper, too. I think my deviation is still lacking something -- a kick of some sorts -- but it's still quite nice. Can't wait to make it again!
Ravioli with Snap Peas, Pea Shoots, and Minty Pea Shoot Pesto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 842
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Protein: 38g
- Fat: 39g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 96g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Sodium: 827mg
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- 1 small garlic clove
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 qts. lightly packed tender pea shoots*, separated into 4- to 5-in. pieces, divided
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fresh cheese ravioli
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1. Whirl garlic in a food processor to mince. Add cheese and whirl until grated. Add 2 cups pea shoots, the mint, and oil; pulse until coarsely puréed. Scrape into a small bowl and press plastic wrap against pesto.
- 2. Cook ravioli as package directs, adding snap peas during last 2 minutes. Drain; return to pot. Whisk pesto, then gently toss three-quarters of it with pasta. Add remaining pea shoots and toss gently. Serve immediately, with remaining pesto if you like (or save it for a sandwich).
- *Find at farmers' markets or Asian markets.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving with 3 tbsp. pesto.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes