Ravioli with Salsa Verde
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 512
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Protein: 26g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 7.4g
- Carbohydrate: 68g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Sodium: 511mg
- Cholesterol: 110mg
- 1 pound tomatillos
- 3/4 pound fresh poblano (also called pasilla) chilies, rinsed
- 1 onion (1/2 lb.), peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, rinsed
- 2 packages (9 oz. each) cheese-filled ravioli
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1. Remove and discard husks from tomatillos; rinse tomatillos well. Cut chilies in half lengthwise; remove and discard stems, seeds, and veins. Cut onion crosswise into 1-inch slices. Arrange tomatillos, chilies (cut sides down), onion, and garlic in a single layer in a 10- by 15-inch pan.
- 2. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until vegetables are well browned, 15 to 20 minutes. When garlic is cool, peel.
- 3. Transfer vegetables and any liquid to a blender or food processor. Add broth and cilantro; whirl until smooth.
- 4. Pour chili mixture into a 3- to 4-quart pan over medium heat; stir occasionally until steaming.
- 5. Meanwhile, in a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 2 quarts water to a boil; add ravioli. Stir occasionally until pasta is tender to bite, 4 to 6 minutes; drain.
- 6. Add ravioli to the chili mixture and stir gently. Spoon equally into wide bowls. Garnish with tomato and add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note