This was tasty and we made the pasta with friends as something fun to do before dinner. The pasta is very good, we used semolina flour. The amount of time it takes is why I give it 3 stars, seems like a lot of work for something that you can buy from the store. But it's something I'll make again, I think I'll make a double batch and freeze half of it.
Ravioli with Herbed Ricotta Filling
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Rose Nguyen
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 394
- Fat: 20.5g
- Saturated fat: 8.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 193mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 731mg
- Calcium: 283mg
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- Classic Pasta Dough
- 6 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. To prepare ravioli, place ricotta in a cheesecloth-lined colander; drain 30 minutes. Combine ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, and next 4 ingredients (through egg), stirring until well combined.
- 2. Place 1 (15 x 3–inch) Classic Pasta Dough sheet on a lightly floured surface. Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons filling mixture 1 1/2 inches from left edge in the center of sheet. Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons filling mixture at 3-inch intervals along the length of sheet. Moisten edges and in between each filling portion with water; place 1 (15 x 3–inch) pasta sheet on top, pressing to seal. Cut pasta sheet crosswise into 5 (3 x 3–inch) ravioli, trimming edges with a sharp knife or pastry wheel. Place ravioli on a lightly floured baking sheet (cover with a damp towel to prevent drying). Repeat procedure with remaining pasta sheets and filling mixture to form 20 ravioli.
- 3. Bring 6 quarts water and salt to a boil in an 8-quart pot. Add half of ravioli to pot; cook 1 1/2 minutes or until no longer translucent. Remove ravioli from water with a slotted spoon. Repeat procedure with remaining ravioli.
- 4. To prepare sauce, heat oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 6 minutes or until garlic is tender. Remove from heat. Place 5 ravioli in each of 4 shallow bowls; drizzle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic oil. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon basil and 1 tablespoon shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes